Fulbright administrators from Russia arrive to study at IU School of Education
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Eight Fulbright administrators are spending the next few weeks at the Indiana University School of Education as part of the U.S. Department of State's Fulbright Russian International Education Administrators Program.
In a competitive application process, the Center for International Education, Development and Research at the School of Education was chosen to host the administrators while they are at IU for about four weeks. During their time in Indiana, they will be learning about higher education in the U.S. and will also have cultural experiences, such as attending a performance at the IU Auditorium.
The exchange at IU is meant to enhance and hone the professional skill sets of university administrators who work with students from around the world, especially those from the U.S. As part of the program, the Center for International Education, Development and Research has collaborated with colleagues in the IU Office of International Services, Office of Overseas Study and Office of the Vice President for International Affairs to give the Russian International Education Administrators fellows a comprehensive look at how international education is supported on the Bloomington campus.
The administrators are:
- Alena Enaryeva, a translator/interpreter and international projects specialist at the International Office of Dostoevsky Omsk State University.
- Elena Fedotova, the head of the International Relations Office at Southern Federal University in Rostov-on-Don.
- Ekaterina Glukhova, the head of academic mobility and international educational programs in the International and Innovation Office of Ulyanovsk State Technical University.
- Sergei Ianenko, who has been working at Amur State University as the analyst and head of the Scientific and Technical Programs Sector in the International Department since 2012.
- Artem Ponomarev, the head of the International Affairs Division at South Ural State University in Chelyabinsk.
- Alexander Seryakov, the head of the International Affairs Department at Syktyvkar State University.
- Elena Shumeiko, who works at ITMO University in St. Petersburg as the manager of the International Programs Department at the university’s Institute of International Development and Partnership.
- Lena Vinokurova, the head of Arctic cooperation at the International Relations Office of Northeastern Federal University in Yakutsk.
The Fulbright Russian International Education Administrators Program was initiated by the U.S. State Department in 2007 and provides an intensive U.S. professional training program to eight international education administration specialists from Russian universities. The Institute of International Education, Foreign Fulbright Programs Division, has been appointed to administer the program.
The administrators' full biographies are available online
The Fulbright Russian International Education Administrators Program was initiated by the U.S. Department of State in 2007 and provides an intensive U.S. professional development program to international education administrators from Russian universities. The Institute of International Education, Foreign Fulbright Programs Division, has been appointed to administer the program.
- School of Education
- Office 812-856-8585