Committee named to lead search for School of Public Health-Bloomington dean
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- A committee has been appointed to identify candidates for the position of dean for the Indiana University School of Public Health-Bloomington.
Among other important strategic roles, the dean leads the school’s research mission; oversees the creation of new departments, programs and partnerships; and advances international partnerships and agreements.
John Graham, dean of the IU School of Public and Environmental Affairs, will chair the committee, which was appointed by Provost and Executive Vice President Lauren Robel.
In July, the School of Public Health’s founding dean, Mohammad R. Torabi, decided to step down from his administrative role by June 2017, when he will return to the School of Public Health faculty and his own research. Among other topics, his research centers on the measurement and evaluation of school and public health education programs and factors associated with health behavior.
“Dean Torabi is a wonderful leader, and I am grateful for his leadership in ushering the School of Public Health through a rigorous accreditation process,” Robel said. “I am so pleased that he will be able to return to his research and remain with our faculty as our colleague.”
The committee includes representatives of faculty, staff and students at IU Bloomington. In addition to Graham, they include:
- Rodrigo X. Armijos, associate professor of environmental health, School of Public Health
- Aurelian Bidulescu, associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics, School of Public Health
- Sean Buehler, undergraduate student and IU Student Association representative
- Naomi Byerley, graduate student and Graduate and Professional Student Government representative
- Brian Dodge, associate professor of applied health science, School of Public Health
- Ruth Gassman, associate research scientist of applied health science, School of Public Health
- Justin R. Garcia, Ruth Halls Assistant Professor for Gender Studies and associate director for research and education at The Kinsey Institute
- Ka He, professor of epidemiology and biostatistics, School of Public Health
- William Hetrick, professor and chair of the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
- Jeanne Johnston, clinical associate professor of kinesiology, School of Public Health
- Lisa Kamendulis, associate professor of environmental health, School of Public Health
- Bryan McCormick, professor of recreation, park and tourism studies, School of Public Health
- Maresa Murray, clinical associate professor and director of undergraduate education of applied health science, School of Public Health
- Shannan Schobinger, undergraduate academic advisor and IU Bloomington Professional Council representative, School of Public Health
- Kosali Simon, professor in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs
- Catherine Dyar, chief of staff to the provost (ex-officio)
- Jacqueline Cushman, project specialist, Office of the Provost
- Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President
- Office 812-856-4886
Director of Marketing and Communications
- IU School of Public Health-Bloomington
- Office 812-855-1354
- Cell 812-345-3502