Kelley School of Business announces new Dean's Council scholarship
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Twelve incoming Indiana University freshmen have been selected as the inaugural class of Dean’s Council Scholars by the Kelley School of Business.
With special consideration given to underrepresented populations, the scholarship was open to all incoming freshmen directly admitted to the Kelley School. The scholarship is renewable as long as recipients are pursuing an undergraduate business degree and remain in good academic standing. Majors of the recipients include management, finance, operations and marketing.
The scholarship was created this year out of a shared aspiration of the Kelley School’s dean and its Dean’s Council to pool their philanthropic resources to sustain and enhance the school’s diversity efforts, which includes financially challenged students as well as students from diverse cultural backgrounds.
“This is a very impressive group of young men and women -- a wonderful inaugural class,” said Idalene “Idie” Kesner, dean of the Kelley School and the Frank P. Popoff Chair of Strategic Management. “I’m very grateful to our Dean’s Council members who understood the need and came together so quickly to create this scholarship to help bring these outstanding students to the Kelley School.”
The Kelley Dean’s Council was established in 1972 with the mission to provide support to the dean of the Kelley School and serve as a liaison between the school and the business community.
The council is composed of over 150 CEOs, vice presidents and business leaders who represent all ranges of industry. It advises on institutional goals, school strategies and curricula. The council is also actively involved with long-term goal planning for the school and offers input on research, fundraising and the creation of new programs.
This year’s Dean’s Council Scholars, their high schools and their hometowns are:
- Arliss Banks, Whitney M. Young Magnet High School, Chicago
- Joshua Brown, Hillsborough High School, Hillsborough, N.J.
- Evan Brown, Cambridge High School, Milton, Ga.
- Morrel Francis, Naperville North High School, Naperville, Ill.
- Jada Haynes, Naperville North Central School, Naperville, Ill.
- Jade Haynes, Naperville North Central School, Naperville, Ill.
- Derek Hunter, Evanston Township High School, Ill.
- Joshua Mayer, Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, Ill.
- Michael Tucker, University School Milwaukee, Mequon, Wis.
- Gabrielle Wells, Culver Academies, Novi, Mich.
- Nicholas Westbrook-Ikhine, Lake Mary High School, Lake Mary, Fla.
- Evan White, Eastern Regional Senior High School, Voorhees, N.J.
More information about the Dean’s Council Scholarship is available from Brittani Wilson, director of diversity initiatives at Kelley, at 812-856-7852 or email@example.com.
- IU Communications
- Office 812-855-0846
- Cell 812-345-1500
- IU Inc.
Director of Diversity Initiatives
- Kelley School of Business
- Office 812-856-7852